- 21 years of age
- Graduate of an accredited landscape architecture curriculum approved by the Board
- Minimum of two years of professional landscape architectural experience
- Satisfactorily pass all sections of the national examination (L.A.R.E.)
- A certified copy of the transcript from your accredited landscape architecture program must be forwarded to the Board from the college or university.
- A photograph is required and the application must be notarized.
- There is a $250 non-refundable application fee required with the application.
Please note that all licensees are required to report a minimum of fifteen (15) hours of continuing education activities annually.
New licensees are exempt from reporting continuing education activities for the first partial-year of licensing.
CLARB Council Record Holders
CLARB Council Record holders who request that your Council Record be sent to the Kentucky Board do not need to complete the entire application. The “Experience” page of the application does not need to be completed provided the Council Record contains all experience; please note “See CLARB Council Record” in that section of the application. Also, in the “Reference” section, as the Council Record typically includes three LA references, you need only provide two additional references, who are not listed as references in the Council Record.